Three Ways To Create The Perfect Office Space
Personalizing your work space isn’t just about aesthetics, it can actually make you more productive and improve your mood.
Most people spend more awake time at work than at home, yet they might be more inclined to use their home space more if it’s comfortable and has personality. It’s time to give your office space some decorating attention.
Here are few simple ideas for creating a work space that will reflect your personality and put you in a happy mood.
- Plants. Studies show that plants in your office space can bring increased happiness and productivity. It will be extra satisfying to have live plants that you can care for. First find out which plants grow best in your office environment and everything you need to know about keeping them healthy. If you don’t have a green thumb, buy a potted plant with minimal care requirements, and if you really, really don’t have a green thumb, get a silk plant. They are as beautiful as the real ones, but doesn’t require care other than a dusting now and then.
- Organize. Organize any shelves you have in your office. Sometimes a bookcase can become as cluttered as a desk. If possible, paint your bookcase white. White is a nice, clean color and your books will be more noticeable against the white. Books aren’t the only thing you find on a bookshelf. Add framed pictures, keepsakes and other items that hold importance in your life. Do not include items smaller than an apple — they’ll just clutter and crowd.
- Coat Racks. Relieve your office chair of its designated duty – buy or make a coat and hat rack. Your chair can quickly become the place where you hang your coat, sweater or winter jacket. Clothes hanging around will make your space look messy.
Personalizing your space is a win-win that’s good for you and your company. It will put you in a happy mood and when you’re happy your more productive–the boss will love that.
If your workspace currently doesn’t inspire you, get busy.
- Agent Profile2018.06.12Agent Profile| CENTURY 21 TOPSAIL, Paula J. Martel, Broker/Manager
- Home Improvement2018.05.08The Man Cave – No Girls Allowed!
- Home Improvement2018.04.27Add The Wow Factor to Your Outdoor Living Space
- Home Improvement2018.04.25What Factors Impact The Cost of Replacing Your Roof?